Thank you so much for visiting me and my blog! A few curious musings from a bargain hunting, tea drinking over thinker await you.. Welcome one and all to my little mind x
In the sky...
Wednesday, 20 May 2015
Blamin' it on the Weatherman
Well, it's that time of year guys and gals! The freezing temperatures of winter are (kinda) over and spring has sprung! Okay, okay yes, I know that it's the month of May and technically its meant to be Summer, but if your like me and you still judge your seasons by calendar school years - then it ain't summer until June. (And before you ask: I'm not a teacher nor do I have any kids - I'm just stuck in my ways I think!)
The idea of '4 seasons in one day' is a bit of a mad concept to most people but if you happen to live in Ireland, its just your average Wednesday! Our volatile (and sometimes just plain ridiculous!) weather is seriously moody and living daily under her mood swings is a serious challenge. Waking up in early morning to fog and ice, grabbing your sunnies by midday to walking home in the wind and rain is a fairly common scenario during Spring in our little land.
For most girlie girls, this time of year is filled with frustration as trying to pick an outfit for the day is virtually impossible because whatever you chose to wear that morning, at some point during the day, you will find it inappropriate because of mother nature. Do I potentially sweat in boots or get soaked in ballet flats? Swelter in my leather jacket or freeze in my trench coat? Its basically a lose/lose scenario so anybody I encounter who looks stylish and comfortable has my serious respect because it's something I so wish I could master!
The past month, I've been mostly in my Converse runners - my pretty ballet flats gathering dust in my wardrobe because of my determination that they will not be destroyed by rain and instead kept dry and beautiful for the (eventual) summer I hope and pray is coming otherwise I may need to bulk buy my trusty cons...or emigrate!
Forever in the Sky
Lucy x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post, I follow you on Instagram and will follow your blog, check out mine if you have time xx
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Budget Girl x i really appreciate it as I'm a total newbie! I loved ur charity shop haul video on youtube - they're my new addiction! looking forward to seeing more! :) xxx
Delete