I think the ingredients for a successful DD (Duvet Day!) really depends on the person. The basic ingredients are generally the couch, your pj's and, well, a duvet! But after that, it's up to you! Some choose to read books, others prefer to online shop and then there's the boxset DD! I think I'm a mixture of all three (along with copious amounts of tea and biscuits), but when the opportunity arrives; I'm also partial to a trip to the crime capital of the world Cabot Cove!
I was in college when I discovered the brilliance of 'Murder She Wrote'. Back in the days that Netflix wasn't the student staple it is now, a lazy hungover afternoon meant whatever was on Sky. I love me a good murder mystery so my discovery of the Queen of Whodunnit, J.B. Fletcher, made Murder She Wrote essential viewing for me.
In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to explain the brilliance of J.B. Fletcher to you. You would already appreciate the amazing (albeit fictitious) woman behind 'The Corpse Danced At Midnight'. But, alas, the world is not fair and there are many people who do not understand or appreciate her awesome crime solving skills. But my appreciation was instant.
Even the opening titles spoke to me on a not-so subconscious level...!
Set in a small town called Cabot Cove in Maine, J.B. Fletcher is already a legend when we first meet her. She's basically like the J.K. Rowling of murder mystery and everybody that crosses her path is obsessed with her books. It's clear from early on that, along with gushy fans, murder loves her like a fat kid loves cake. With each episode that passes, another Cabot Cove alumni meets a grisly end and the whole town (even the Police Department) turns to Jessica to find the killer. This fact says A LOT about Jessica's awesomeness (and maybe the crap American Justice System?!)
Once this happens, us loyal viewers follow Jessica's quirky methods of detection and the adventure begins. Don't forget, this is old school sleuthing and C.S.I is nowhere to be seen - but J.B. don't need no fancy schmancy gadgets to find the killer; just some clever disguises and auld fashioned snooping!
Comedy, near misses and award winning sleuthing followed and Jessica would ALWAYS find the culprit leaving everybody impressed and in awe (apart from the killer obviously!) of her detective skills,
![]() |
| via Showbizgeek.com |
![]() |
| via pinterest |
Comedy, near misses and award winning sleuthing followed and Jessica would ALWAYS find the culprit leaving everybody impressed and in awe (apart from the killer obviously!) of her detective skills,
The show followed this tried and tested plot line throughout and after awhile, only by logic, the population of Cabot Cove took a serious dip with a resident or 5 being killed every episode but as Jessica was a famous writer, she took a lot of trips. Unfortunately murder followed her.
So it's not really surprising that the theory by viewers that Jessica was, in fact, the worlds biggest serial killer and used her fame to pin each of her murders on someone else. Given that there were 264 episodes made and at least 1 victim each episode - that is equally dark (and sort of impressive!)
Whatever your theory, there's no denying the brilliance of J.B. Even if you're not totally obsessed with an episode storyline, there's always the love triangle between Jessica, Seth Hazlitt and Amos Tupper to keep you gripped.
![]() |
| Via Redbubble |
264 episodes is a hell of a Duvet Day but on reaching the end of your visit to Cabot Cove, if you're still on a Jessica high you can always click below & find out
This was my result - I'm sure Mylo's gonna be delighted with my vast and impressive Penny's wardrobe.
Forever in the (rainy!) Sky,
Lucy x






No comments:
Post a Comment